Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chinese at restaurant. Thu, May 31, 2007.

05/31/2007. 827. I had lunch at a restaurant on the Northeast side of town that I haven't been to before. I put out some of the standard stuff on my table, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and English copies of the Book of Mormon, a bilingual Chinese/English New Testament, a "Finding Happiness" DVD, a Chinese Liahona, and I was reading the corresponding English Liahona.

Once when the waitress came to refill my drink, she noticed the material, but didn't say anything, and didn't stop long enough for me to say anything.

On another trip when she came to remove a used plate, I struck up a conversation. I forget how I started, but probably asked if she spoke Mandarin or Cantonese. She ended up accepting everything, the Simplified Chinese and the English copies of the Book of Mormon, the Chinese and the English Liahonas, the bilingual New Testament, and the DVD. She was enthusiastic in accepting them too. She asked where the church was, so I showered her the flyer in one of the books, and circled the address of the nearest chapel.

She took everything over to some of the other employees, who were likely family members.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home