Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Missed opportunities. Tue, May 22, 2007

05/22/2007. Journal Entry. I was running errands on the West side of town near where I used to live. Before eating supper at a Chinese restaurant, I walked to the Starbucks nearby to buy a newspaper. There were some Africans sitting outside but I didn't say anything. Lately, I've been afraid that the people I approach are ones that I may have already spoken with. I haven't come up with a good conversation starter in those instances. Starting out by asking if we've spoken before, or if I've given them a book before doesn't seem to be as natural as when meeting someone for the first time.

I've been to this Chinese restaurant before, and wanted to do a follow-up, but the guy I spoke with before wasn't there. So I wasn't sure if they were new owners, or these were just family members of the other guy. I could have done a follow-up here. I think it was different owners, because the food wasn't as good as before.

When I left, one of the African guys who had been sitting in front of the Starbucks was getting something from his car which was parked next to mine. But I chickened out and it was another opportunity that I blew.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home