Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cambodian at Asian restaurant. Tue, May 15, 2007.

05/15/2007. 822. I stopped for lunch at an Asian restaurant that I haven't been to before. I gave some books to a friend to take there, and I think she placed them, but I don't remember exactly. So assuming that they already had the Book of Mormon, I took in some Liahona magazines in that language, along with the corresponding English issues.

I got there towards the end of the lunch rush. There were a lot of people in the dining room, and the one waitress was moving pretty quickly to serve everyone.

By the time I finished eating and paid, all but one other table had emptied, so I had an opportunity to ask if she liked to read in _______. She said that she didn't read _______, so I asked her where she was from, and she said Cambodia. I offered her a Book of Mormon in Cambodian. She agreed to see it, so I said I'd get it from my car. I went out and got it and an English copy and brought them in.

She seemed genuinely glad to see something in Cambodian, but she kept calling it a Mormon Bible. Maybe the word for "book" that is in the Cambodian title of the "Book of Mormon" is the one used for Bible, as is the Chinese. Anyway, she also accepted the English copy to go with it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home