Saturday, May 05, 2007

Chinese declined, at restaurant. Sat, May 5, 2007.

05/05/2007. 820. On the way to the evening session of Stake Conference, I stopped at a Chinese restaurant. After I sat down, another member came in. He attends the other ward (congregation) that shares the same building with the ward that I attend. He ended up joining me at my table. When the waitress brought my food, she was moving too fast to say anything. But when she cleared the plates I was able to ask which dialect she spoke and offer her a Book of Mormon and a DVD. She did look inside the book but politely declined both the book and the DVD. I also had a bilingual Simplified Chinese/English New Testament from the International Bible Society on the table.

The brother who joined me said he sometimes goes to a Chinese restaurant in his town, so I gave him a copy of both Chinese editions of the Book of Mormon, a traditional Chinese edition, and a Simplified Chinese edition, and a hard-cover English copy.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5/09/2007 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me yesterday that there are more Chinese restaurants in the United states than all the Mcdonalds and Taco Bells combined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home