Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Vietnamese at restaurant. Tue, Apr 24, 2007.

04/24/2007. 815. I had supper at a local Vietnamese restaurant that I hadn't been to before. I went in with a newspaper, a Vietnamese Book of Mormon, and an English Book of Mormon. I sat down, placed the books face down on the table. The waitress came and took my order. Before the food came, I turned over the books face up on the table, but had them between me and the wall.

When the waitress returned with my food, she noticed the title, and asked if I read Vietnamese. I said no, that I had brought it for her if she wanted it, and that it was a free Book from my church. She seemed eager, and gratefully accepted it, along with the English. I suggested she could call any of the numbers on the material inside the book if she like it and wanted to know more, or to get more copies for friends. We chit-chatted very briefly, and then she had to get back to work.

When she took them back to the kitchen, I could hear them talk about it in both Vietnamese and English.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home