Thursday, April 05, 2007

Chinese at Asian grocery store. Thu, Apr 5, 2007.

04/05/2007. 809. On my way back from a client's office I saw an Asian grocery store that I haven't been to before, so I stopped in to do some shopping. Nice selection of stuff. The family is from Taiwan, so they read the traditional style Chinese script, not the simplified style of the mainland.

After I paid, there was no one in line behind me, so I struck up a conversation. The cashier lady and her son agreed to see the material, so I took my purchases out to the car, and brought back in a Together Forever multi-lingual DVD, a traditional script Chinese Book of Mormon, and an English Book of Mormon. There still weren't any other customers in line, so we chatted some more. They were Buddhist, as evidenced by the large Buddha shrine in the store, but they were rather enthusiastic about receiving the material, and made me feel nice with their compliments on my attempts to say a few words in Mandarin.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home