Thursday, March 15, 2007

French and Fulani declined at laundromat. Thu, Mar 15, 2007.

03/15/2007. 803. Late evening at the laundromat. A lady came in with four small children speaking a foreign language. She spoke French and Fulani as well as English, being from a country in Western Africa. Usually, Fulani speakers are also Muslim, but I thought it was worth a try to offer her material. There is no Fulani Book of Mormon, but I thought I had a Fulani translation of Gospel Fundamentals (aka Gospel Principles Simplified) in the car.

I went out and retrieved French and English copies of the Book of Mormon, and the Fulani Gospel Fundamentals. At an appropriate time, when she was just waiting on the dryers, I approached and presented them, but she said she was Muslim and politely declined.

We were able to casually chit-chat a few more times as our paths crossed. I learned that she was teaching her children to speak not just English, but also French and Fulani.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home