Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chinese x2 at restaurant. Sat, Mar 10, 2007.

03/10/2007. 800. I went to see a client in a town East of Indianapolis. On my way back, I stopped at a town that I thought was big enough to have a Chinese restaurant. I found a buffet not far from the Interstate.

I was seated, went to wash up, and then grabbed some food from the buffet, and sat back down. I then put out some books on my table, English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese copies of the Book of Mormon, a bilingual Simplified Chinese/English New Testament, and a Chinese Liahona.

As the waitress passed by a few times, she stole glances at them, but she was moving so fast I didn't have a chance to initiate a conversation.

Eventually, on one of her trips by, she did stop on her own accord, and she initiated a conversation. Her English was very limited, but she said she was a Christian. She flipped through the Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, and the bilingual New Testament. She asked how much they were, but I said I wanted to give them to her.

She accepted the Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, the English Book of Mormon, and the Traditional Chinese Liahona. (There's no Simplified Chinese Liahona yet.) She came back later and accepted the bilingual Simplified Chinese/English New Testament.

When I went to pay, I told the cashier/owner about giving the books to the waitress, and as she was not busy, I engaged her in conversation. She accepted my offer of a Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, English Book of Mormon, and another bilingual Simplified Chinese/English New Testament.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home