Thursday, March 15, 2007

Chinese at restaurant. Thu, Mar 15, 2007.

03/15/2007. 801. I had lunch at a Chinese strip-mall restaurant that I hadn't been to before. This is in the NE section of town, and is located in my new ward. I probably could have gotten the ward mission leader (WML) to go with me for lunch here on his day off. Maybe we'll do a follow-up together. One of the cooks, probably the owner's wife, brought my main plate out first. She was polite, but was so quick I didn't have time to say anything. When the owner/cashier brought out my egg roll, he glanced at the books I had on my table (Chinese/English bilingual New Testament, Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, English Book of Mormon, and Traditional Chinese Book of Mormon.) I used that as my opportunity to make a presentation, and he was both polite and showed genuine interest. One of the cooks was out front, and also expressed interest. The owner/cashier accepted the Simplified Chinese/English New Testament, the Simplified Chinese Book of Mormon, and the English Book of Mormon. I gave the cook the "Finding Happiness" DVD. I asked the owner/cashier if the cook wanted some books too, but he indicated they were all one family and could share. The owner/cashier seemed genuinely grateful and interested.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home