Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spanish at laundromat. Thu, Mar 15, 2007.

03/15/2007. 804. There was a cute little hispanic girl, only 18 months old, wandering around the laundromat. She walked between me and the man who was using the next folding table over. I asked the man if she was his, and he said she was his niece, and pointed to her mother a few tables over. I asked the little girl what her name was, but she was too young to respond. The man then continued the conversation with me, complimenting me on my Spanish. I said I learned it in high-school, and while serving a mission for my church in Ecuador. I asked if he'd heard of the Mormons, and he said yes. I asked if he had read the Book of Mormon and he said no. So I reached over and grabbed the Spanish Book of Mormon and Spanish Bible that I had on the folding table. I always keep a copy of each in my laundry basket, and put them out on the washer, or on the folding table when I'm at a laundromat. I offered them to him, and he accepted them, and started flipping through the Book of Mormon. I pointed out the Spanish branch listed on the info flyer inside, and gave him a card with the phone number of the Spanish-speaking missionaries who live just a few blocks away. He was ready to go, and one of my dryers was done, so we didn't chat much longer.

I didn't give him any English material, just the Spanish Book of Mormon, and an inexpensive paperback Spanish RVR-1960 Bible from American Bible Society.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home