Friday, April 06, 2007

Chinese at restaurant. Fri, Apr 6, 2007.

04/06/2007. 811. Errands took me back to the East side of Indy. While driving past a Chinese restaurant that I've noticed before, but never ate at, I felt the familiar "tug." But not being hungry yet due to a late breakfast and snacking, I decided to pass it up. While continuing on to other errands, and more than half-way home from there, I finally fell there was room for lunch, and a slight sense of urgency about that restaurant. It was enough of an impression that I went back there for lunch.

I sat down, ordered and place some material out on the table, both kinds of Chinese Books of Mormon, a "Finding Happiness" video, and a bilingual Chinese/English New Testament. The young waitress noticed them when she brought my food, but it was now well into the lunch hour rush, and she didn't have time for small talk.

Eventually I paid the cashier, who looked to be "papa-san" or the owner, but he was moving quickly too. Fortunately, just as I was picking up and packing up to leave, he walked by my table, and was not too busy, so I struck up a conversation with him. He read traditional script Chinese, but he accepted the bilingual simplified script Chinese/English New Testament anyway, and the traditional script Chinese Book of Mormon, along with the English Book of Mormon.

He picked up on the idea of using them to improve his English, and mentioned it before I even brought up that aspect. Cool.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home