Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Amharic to sister missionaries. Wed, May 2, 2007.

05/02/2007. Journal Entry. The sister missionaries in my old ward on the other side of town called last night and asked for an Amharic Book of Mormon. They were going to have a missionary discussion today with an Amharic-speaking family, so they wanted me to drop it off at the ward building downtown. That ward building is only about 20 to 25 minutes away, so I dropped it off at the arranged spot.

I also left them a hard-cover English Book of Mormon, an Amharic Gospel Fundamentals (Sunday School manual), an English Gospel Fundamentals, and an Amharic copy of the Jospeh Smith Testimony pamphlet.

Good things happen when you help out the missionaries, as the next two blog entries illustrate.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5/03/2007 03:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like they know who their "Go to guy" is! :)

I think it is neat to think
about how you are now part
of their collective missionary
experience. I was touched by
the many ways the members served
my companions and I when we were
missionaries from rides, borrowing
videos to show investigators, joint teaching, going on splits, buying us groceries. Their examples and willingness and
their testimonies mean so much
to me all these many years later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home