Saturday, May 19, 2007

Punjabi declined at gas station. Sat, May 19, 2007.

05/19/2007. 824. I stopped at a gas station to gas up the car while on a trip. The cashier spoke with a Middle-eastern/South-Asian accent. There was no one in line behind me to I had opportunity to talk a bit. I deviated from my normal approach, because I thought I had already offered him material before, so I asked if I had given him a Book of Mormon before, and he said I hadn't. I asked what languages he spoke, and he said Punjabi. When I offered one, he politely declined. I didn't say "free" up front, and may have forgotten entirely, so he may have thought I was selling it.

I also misspoke. There is no Punjabi Book of Mormon, but there is a Punjabi Gospel Fundamentals, which I had in the car.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home