Friday, June 01, 2007

104 translation display at Bishops Storehouse. Fri, Jun 1, 2007.

06/01/2007. Journal Entry. With the permission of the office managers, I put a complete set of all 104 translations of the Book of Mormon on display at the front lobby of the local Bishops Storehouse.

I still need to make a sign for it. But the books are there, with some extra English copies, some multi-lingual DVD's, some local info flyers, and some inexpensive paper-back Bibles.

The display fits a 3 shelf bookcase that's 35 inches wide. The books themselves take up about 95" of shelf space.


You can download my "info flyer", and also an example of how to make the labels for the books here.

My suggestion to the office manager and receptionist was that members who wanted one of the books should order it from the Distribution Center, 1-800-537-5971. But that any non-member who visited their office and who spoke one of those languages could take one, as long as someone from the office notified me so I could replace it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2007 09:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful impact that has to see all the translations lined up together!

 
At 6/16/2007 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you for giving copies of the scriptures to people! I am going to try what you are talking about. I live in Fort Wayne, IN, and we have many immigrants here also. We have a large Burmese population, and I had thought of putting Church materials in the public library in this language (there aren't many), but I love what your are doing so much more! I have given all of my co-workers and neighbors copies of the Book of Mormon. By now, I am not afraid to do it. People have been kind and respectful, even when they've declined to accept the books. I am excited to try this.

Thanks,
Paula

 

Post a Comment

<< Home