Tuesday, November 20, 2007

English pass-along card to beggar. Mon, Nov 19, 2007.

11/19/2007. 920. My friend and I stopped in Jonesboro Arkansas on our way back to Indianapolis. The trip had taken a day longer than we planned so we did a load of laundry so we could wear clean clothes the next day.

As we stood in front of the hotel near the laundry, a man approached us and told us his sob story of needing some money to buy his wife some prescription medicine. He was very humble and had a good story that I hadn't heard before. I wasn't convinced that it was a legitimate story, but it was unique, and it was a good story, so I gave him some money. He was very grateful. I didn't have a smaller bill so I gave him what I had. He wanted my address to pay it back, but I said to just "pay it forward" to someone else who needed help or give it to his church as a donation.

It wasn't until after he walked away that I realized I hadn't offered him a pass-along card, so I ran after him and gave him a customized Book of Mormon pass-along card. I explained that we believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and that he could call the 800 number on it for a free Book of Mormon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home