Saturday, November 10, 2007

English at gas station. Fri, Nov 9, 2007.

11/09/2007. 915. Still on my way home from visiting friends, I stopped at another gas station to get a snack. I didn't see any opportunities until a scruffy looking guy hit me up for some gas to get him home. He really wanted gas, not just money, and had a gas can. I hope I've learned a lesson about beggars, and that they also present missionary opportunities. See here and here.

I went in and pre-paid a few dollars for him. While he was filling his gas can, I presented him an English KJV paperback Bible and a Book of Mormon which he accepted. My conversation starter was that I like to give out Bibles, and I asked if he wanted it, and he said okay. I then said at my church we believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and asked if he'd like that too, and he said okay.

I realize he was kind of socially obligated to accept them, but I don't feel any awkwardness about it.

As I drove away, I did see him pour the gas can into his truck, and there was someone else in the truck with him. He did say that his wife was with him.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home