Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Albanian and Spanish at restaurant. Tue, Nov 6, 2007.

11/06/2007. 913. I was at the Indianapolis storehouse for an appointment, and during a break went to a nearby restaurant. One of the staff was Hispanic, and the other lady was from Albania. I offered them the Book of Mormon in Albanian and Spanish, and they agreed to see them. I knew I had Spanish in the car, but wasn't sure about Albanian. After paying I went out and found the Albanian and brought it and the Spanish, along with two English copies back in. Neither of them had heard of the Book of Mormon before. I also brought in a Spanish Liahona.

The lady from Albania was impressed, enthusiastic and grateful, and she accepted the English edition too. The Spanish-speaking lady was grateful too, but didn't want the English. I pointed out the address and meeting time for the Spanish branch, and also the ward that meets near where the other lady lives. That really made her day to get something in Albanian to read. I was able to give a short "more prophets in another part of the world testifying of God" explanation of the Book of Mormon, before more customers came in.

I think that might have been the first Albanian book I gave out. See an interesting note about the Albanian translation here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11/07/2007 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Dr. B said...

Tag! Tell us about your missionary experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home