Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Powerful feeling while handling Welsh Book of Mormon. Tues, May 30, 2006.

05/30/2006. I didn't think this was worth journaling at the time, but a feeling tonight confirms it worth journaling. A few days ago, Saturday the 27th or before, I got a feeling that I needed to add new languages to the inventory in my car. I browsed the alphabetized books on the three shelves of the bookcase, the languages written in English on the spine of wrappers that I made and placed on the books.

The books that I felt like I should add were Albanian, Dutch, Estonian, Icelandic, Norwegian, Romanian, and Welsh.

Today I got them back out of the car, and started to put my post-it note markers in them. I started with the Albanian, and it was easy to find 2 Nephi 9, Alma 42, 3 Nephi 11, and Moroni 10.

The Welsh was vastly different. It hadn't been updated since the 1852 translation. It was not typeset in a modern fashion, but was a photo-reproduction of the original. It didn't even have the new chapter and verse breakdowns from the 1870's or later. Moroni still had 10 chapters, but the Lord's appearance in 3 Nephi was not in chapter 11. There was still a special heading, so I could locate it in the original chapter 5.

A sense of awe and marvelousness came over me as I held the Welsh book in my hands. I couldn't tell if the feeling applied to the future or the past or both. If it applied to the future, then it felt as if someone would be converted by this actual book. But my mind was also taken to the past, and I thought of Welsh converts of the 19th century leaving their homeland and emigrating to Utah and becoming heads of great dynasties of Latter-day Saints.

I don't know the purpose of the feeling. It may have been a "stroke of an idea" of what will be associated with this particular book in the future. It may have been what I call a "spiritual doggie treat," just some little blessing of the Lord that he gives through his tender mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home