Friday, May 19, 2006

Moment #585. Chinese at buffet. Fri, May 19, 2006.

05/19/2006. I had an early supper at a popular buffet on the Northwest side of town. I've been here before, but it was always too busy to engage anyone in conversation.

I put out a Spanish Book of Mormon on my table as I ate because the bus boy was Hispanic. But he didn't give an indication that he noticed it.

On the way out, there were three employees behind the cashier's counter, just talking, and no one was in line, so I approached them. The cashier accepted the bilingual Chinese/English New Testament, and a Chinese Simplified, and an English Book of Mormon. She wasn't enthusiastic about the books. It seemed she was just being nice to a customer, but that's okay. One of the other girls behind the counter said some things to her in Chinese, but from her body english and tone of voice, I gathered that she was uninterested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home