Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Moment #575. Russian at store. Tue, May 9, 2006.

05/09/2006. Still in the other town outside of Indy. I left the restaurant and headed back for home. I crossed a street that caused me to remember that someone I knew had a store on that street. I doubled back, found his store, and parked. He was sitting out front. We caught up on things.

A young couple came in, and they both spoke with an accent. He was from Central America, and she was from Russia. He lived in Indy, so we chatted a bit, and I told him our church has a Spanish-speaking congregation. I gave him my card, and asked him to email me, but he said he wasn't good at email, and would rather just write it down. I went out to my car to get the Indy "info-flyer" I made up with all the chapels on it, because it indicated the Spanish branch on there. I brought back Russian and English copies of the Book of Mormon for his girlfriend.

I decided not to give him a Spanish copy, hoping that would be incentive for him to come to church. He was positive about visiting, and was not at all reluctant to receive the information.

This encounter cheered me up from having messed up the restaurant "assignment."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home