Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Moment #574. Chinese declined, sort of. Tue, May 9, 2006.

05/09/2006. I got to the other town, and the ethnic restaurant that I had in mind, the one I thought I was supposed to go to was not there. Another one was in it's place. I was confused. I drove around the area twice, trying to figure out what to do, but neglected to pray about it. Should I go to the restaurant that was in its place, or should I go to the Chinese restaurant a block away? I neglected to pray about it. I should have just parked somewhere and prayed, but I didn't.

I went to the Chinese restaurant. The order taker was an American guy, and the rest of the staff was Asian. About 1/3 of the customers were Asian. I ordered and sat down, and put out the two kinds of Chinese Books of Mormon, an English Book of Mormon, and a bilingual Chinese/English New Testament.

An Asian employee brought my food out, but he did not appear to understand my offer to give him a book. They were busy, so I looked for an opening to go back to the counter. But since I'd have to go through the American guy to talk to the Asian employees, I chickened out.

I concluded that I should have gone to the other restaurant. I did stop by the other restaurant just to ask to see a menu. It was a nice place, kind of upscale and expensive, but they did have Asian employees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home