Thursday, May 04, 2006

Moment #567. Somali at store. Thu, May 4, 2006.

05/04/2006. After leaving the restaurant we headed for the middle-eastern store, and all three of us went in. It was very small. The cashier was a young African-looking man.

I bought a couple food items for the elders. When I paid, I asked where he was from and he said Somali. I offered him a copy of our Sunday School manual (Gospel Fundamentals) in Somali. I said the book was Christian, and he was okay with that. (Many Somalis are Muslim.)

I retrieved Somali and English copies of Gospel Fundamentals and the Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet from the car and presented them to him. He was a little reluctant to accept the English Gospel Fundamentals, but he did. I wrote the elders' phone number and my phone number in the pamphlet.

On the way back to their apartment, one elder told me he had a non-member friend back in Utah who was Samoan, and asked if I had a Samoan book of Mormon. I said yes. I thought it was in my trunk, but when we got to their apartment it wasn't. So I'll get it to him later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home