Thursday, April 27, 2006

Has anyone else done this?

I've received a lot of positive comments over the last year or so that I've been posting these encounters online.

I know of a taxi-driver in the Boston area who has given out over 6,000 copies of the Book of Mormon to his customers over the years.

Have any readers of this blog given it a try? Please let me know. I'd like to think that the reports of these encounters have inspired others to do likewise.

I have comment moderation in effect. If you want to communicate, but don't want your comment posted, just indicate so, and I won't "publish" the comment. If you're a Ward Mission Leader or Ward Missionary, and are interested in this, leave me your email in a private comment, and I'll try to help you get started. You could also read this post to help get started.

I use www.anywho.com to find Chinese and Thai restaurants.

I'm even willing to put my money where my mouth is. If any WML's or ward missionaries want to try this, I'll drop-ship you a couple Chinese or Thai copies of the Book of Mormon, if you promise to take them to a Chinese or Thai restaurant, along with English copies, and attempt to place them in pairs. You obtain the English copies on your own, and you pay the lunch/dinner tab, but I'll pay for the Chinese or Thai copies. Leave me your email or phone # in a comment, and just remind me to leave the comment unpublished.

4 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 07:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For awhile I was carrying around a bag with a number of compartments and I designated a particular pocket for 2 or 3 Books of Mormon that I would give away.

I need to get back into it.

 
At 4/28/2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger john f. said...

you're a good example. i haven't done it.

 
At 4/29/2006 05:37:00 PM, Blogger briant said...

after reading your blog the last few weeks, i have really felt motivated to share the gospel. in fact, this week i gave out a book of mormon in Russian, and another in English. My wife is finding and Italian version to give to her Italian teacher.

our problem is now that we are excited, we don't have the languages we need.

 
At 4/29/2006 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Pairing foreign language editions with the English is part of what excites me. It is rare to find bilingual material in anything besides Spanish.

If the religious nature of the Book of Mormon turns them off, the bilingual aspect sometimes generates enough curiosity to overcome that.

Division into chapter and verse makes it very good for bilgual comparison.

Now if we can only convince the church's curriculum department to publish bilingual editions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home