Friday, April 21, 2006

Moment #560. English at Laundromat. Fri, Apr 21, 2006.

04/21/2006. Laundry night. I went to the second closest laundromat because I hadn't been there in a while. There was a man working there who looked like he might have been the new owner. He looked Hispanic and spoke with a slight accent. I started a conversation with him, and found out he was from Egypt, and spoke English, Arabic, Dutch, and a little French. I asked if he had heard of the Mormons, and he said yes. I said that the reason I asked was because the church had translated the Book of Mormon into over a hundred languages. I asked if I could show him, and he said okay. I went out to the car and brought in a bilingual Arabic/English Bible, and copies of the Book of Mormon in Arabic, Dutch and English.

He was busy with some other customers for a while, and when he was free I went over to the counter. He said he was Orthodox. He wasn't interested in the bilingual Bible or the Arabic or Dutch copies of the Book of Mormon, but he did ask for the English Book of Mormon.

We chatted some more, and he was very friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home