Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Moment #573. Hindi & Gujerati at gas station. Tue, May 9, 2006.

05/09/2006. I got a prompting to go to a certain city about 45 minutes away. I was online browsing a dating web site. I saw the profile of someone from that city. It wasn't her, but it was the city. When I saw the city name, I knew I had to go there, this evening. I had previously done research on some ethnic restaurants there, and had printed out a list. So I grabbed the list, looked at it, and one of the restaurants stood out. That's where I was supposed to go, or so I thought.

On the way there, I stopped at a couple gas stations. No promptings, but just to see if I could make an opportunity for a book placement. The 3rd stop was at a brand of gas station that is often owned or operated by people from the Middle-East. I pulled in, and noticed an ethnic-looking man standing outside. Bingo. I buy a newspaper, and ask him where he's from. He was from India and spoke Hindi. I brought in a Hindi and an English copy of Book of Mormon. Then I found out he and his wife speak Gujerati, so I went back out to the car and brought in Gujerati and English copies of the Bible. He eagerly and graciously accepted them. He was truely grateful. He was reluctant about accepting the English copies. He said he didn't read English very well, but when I explained about reading them in parallel to improve English, he caught the idea quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home