Thursday, November 29, 2007

$1 and "Joy to the World" DVD to beggar at gas station. Thu, Nov 29, 2007.

11/29/2007. 922. I was gassing up the car, and made eye contact with a pedestrian standing on the gas station property. I averted my eyes, but knew it was too late, and knew that he was going to hit me up for some money.

He approached and, from a respectful distance, asked for 51 cents. I said sure, just wait until I finish gassing up the car.

While I was still continuing to pump gas in the car, and I asked him for his story, why he needed 51 cents. He said "I'm not going to lie to you, I'm going to buy a beer with it." Then he said that he actually needed more than 51 cents, but that's all he wanted to ask of one person.

I finished, and asked if he had a video player or DVD player, because I wanted to give him a video from my church. He said he did, or knew someone who did, and I said I had a video from church I wanted to give him. I got back in the car and handed him a $1 bill and the "Joy to the World" DVD that I had on the front passenger seat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home