Thursday, October 05, 2006

Investigator commits to baptism. Thu, Oct 5, 2006.

10/05/2006. I accompanied the missionaries for their third lesson with a young adult man to whom I had given a Book of Mormon. He's been to Sunday church meetings three times so far.

At the first two lessons, he seemed positive about everything. And at the first lesson, he answered in the affirmative to the half-committal question "If you knew it was true, would you get baptized."

Today, he made an affirmation of believing the restored gospel and agreed to a baptism date next month. He's a shy man, but I did not detect any wishy-washiness in his answer. There was no pressure or cajoling on the part of the missionaries or myself. And I have no doubt that he wants to join the church on his own volition.

Sitting in with two righteous missionaries and an investigator who has received a spiritual witness of the message is a sacred thing. I felt priviledged to witness it, and be a part of it.

3 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 11:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation to all!

 
At 10/06/2006 01:41:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

I don't want to count chicks before they hatch. But I wanted to share the joy and excitement, so that's why I posted his progress in investigating.

I also have to emphasize that he was ready before I met him. Nothing I did prepared him or helped him along the way. I was just the delivery boy for a Book of Mormon that established contact with the church.

We'll likely get more of his story as he nears baptism or shortly thereafter.

 
At 10/07/2006 08:29:00 PM, Blogger David said...

Very exciting. You've planted so many seeds that I suspect this isn't the first person who will begin to gain a testimony. Keep up the great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home