Friday, June 23, 2006

Moment #623. Chinese at Asian grocery. Fri, Jun 23, 2006.

06/23/2006. On my way home I passed an Asian grocery store that I haven't been to in a while. I forget if I made a placement there before. After a while, it pays to follow up in case they might want to meet the missionaries and know more, but also because of employee turnover, or there might be new owners.

I went in carrying two multi-lingual DVDs, "Together Forever" and "Finding Happiness".

I bought some noodles, some Chinese dates, and some gel-snacks. If you want a unique treat, shop at an Asian grocery store in their snacks aisle for cool stuff.

After paying I offered the cashier the DVD's. He was enthusiastic about them, and he was not turned off when I said they were from my church. The other employee came over and he was interested too.

His enthusiasm led me to offer a Chinese Liahona magazine, and a Book of Mormon, so he followed me out to my car, and I gave him those. The Liahona is in traditional Chinese script, and they were from mainland China, but the Book of Mormon I gave them was in simplified script. He didn't want the English Book of Mormon at first, saying he couldn't read English well, but I went into explanation mode, opened both to 1 Nephi 1:1, and read it while pointing to both, and he seemed to catch the parallel reading idea.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home