Friday, June 23, 2006

Moment #620. Persian at other library. Fri, Jun 23, 2006.

06/23/2006. After leaving the close-out store, I went to the public library near it. A taxi pulled into the library parking lot immediately before me. It was a taxi company whose drivers are usually immigrants. It was perfect timing. I'd be able to strike up a converstation as we both walked from the parking lot to the front door.

He was from Iran, and spoke Persian, also known as Farsi. I asked if he were Muslim or Christian, and he said Christian. I said our church has a book in Persian, called the Book of Mormon, that we use along with the Bible, and that I had a copy of it, and a copy of a Persian Bible in my car, and offered them to him.

He said he'd like to see it, but wanted to drop off his stuff at the library first, and would catch me on the way out. So I went back to my car, and got out the Persian Bible, the Persian Book of Mormon, and an English Book of Mormon.

I only had to wait a few seconds before he came back, and he was eager to see the books. He said he already had the Persian Bible, but he gratefully accepted the Persian and English Book of Mormon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home