Monday, June 19, 2006

Moment #612. English at gas station. Mon, Jun 19, 2006.

06/19/2006. I was in the NW corner of Indianapolis. I had dropped off some foreign langauge Books of Mormon and some info-flyers at the mission office. On my way home I passed this gas station I hadn't been to in a long while. It was not a major brand, and I didn't know if they employed immigrants or not. I went in an bought some pop. I had the idea of offering one of the cashiers an English Bible and Book of Mormon, but I didn't say anything. Out in the car I started to argue with myself about whether I should, and that's one of the signs that I should. So I went back in and bought something else, and offered him a free Bible and a Book of Mormon. He said sure, without any hesitation or indication of annoyance. So I went out and got the books and took them in and got in line. There were two other people in front of me but he held out his hand toward me indicating to cut in front. But it only held up the other people for a mere three seconds, so it was no big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home