Friday, June 23, 2006

Moment #621. Vietnamese Liahona at restaurant. Fri, Jun 23, 2006.

06/23/2006. More screw-ups on my part. I entered the library, and went to sign up for a computer station, and discovered I had lost my library card. I probably left it at the other branch the previous day. So I fought rush-hour traffic to get to the other branch (the one close to my house) where I was yesterday, and yes, they had found my lost card, and no one else had used it, and they gave me a new card. But now it was closing time, and I hadn't checked my email.

I need to get a lap-top so I can use free wireless access at many places. But for now I had to go to a commercial place that charges by the minute for computer use and internet access.

I checked my email there, and got caught up on blog entries for the week.

It was supper time, and I thought of restaurants, and decided to go to a nearby place owned by a Vietnamese family. I had placed a Vietnamese Book of Mormon there two years ago, so I decided to offer a Vietnamese Liahona.

The food was good, and I offered the waitress/cashier the Vietnamese Liahona. She was not enthusiastic, she said she was Buddhist, but she said I could leave it.

The food really is good. I need to go back there more often.

I decided to take the long way home, and seek out other placement opportunities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home