Friday, June 23, 2006

Moment #622. Korean DVD at store. Fri, Jun 23, 2006.

06/23/2006. I drove down a street that has several Asian stores. I felt a slight tug to a shopping center that has a Korean-owned beauty-supply and wig place. I needed a sweat-band for working out, to keep the sweat off my face, so I stopped in and got some. I carried in a "Finding Happiness" multi-lingual DVD that includes audio/video for Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese), Korean, and Japanese.

I placed the DVD case on the counter as I reached for my wallet to pay, and the Korean lady cashier noticed it and asked about it. She was enthusiastic about it before I said anything, so I offered it to her, and she gratefully acccepted it.

The other lady cashier, who is Mongolian, came over to see what the excitement was about, but she didn't speak any of the languages on the DVD. However, we do have a Book of Mormon in Mongolian, and I'll have to go back and offer that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home