Saturday, December 10, 2005

Moment #498. Chinese. Sat, Dec 10, 2005.

12/10/2005. I had lunch at a Chinese buffet that I've regularly been to before. I took in some reading material and also a Chinese Liahona, as I've given them Chinese Books of Mormon before. This time I noticed it was all new staff. There were three new employees at the cashier counter. After paying I waited a second, and one of them came out from behind the counter. I offered her the Chinese Liahona and she gratefully and happily accepted it. She was from China, and the Chinese Liahona is in traditional style Chinese, but she seemed okay with it. People from China usually read the simplified style Chinese script.

After I finished eating there was someone else behind the counter. I went out to my car and retrieved my small Chinese Book of Mormon case, and re-entered. I offered a Simplified Chinese and an English Book of Mormon to the guy behind the counter. His English was limited, but he eventually understood I intended them as gifts and he gratefully accepted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home