Saturday, November 26, 2005

Moment #495. Spanish declined. Sat, Nov 26, 2005.

11/26/2005. I was reading from my triple combination and had left it on the folding table in front of the dyers I was using. When I came back to the folding table, an Hispanic couple was using the other half of the table, and the man had noticed what I was reading.

The man struck up a conversation in English, asking if I was reading the Bible. I turned to the cover page and said it was the Book of Mormon. At some point we started talking in Spanish. I pointed out the paperback Spanish Bible and Spanish Book of Mormon I had with me. He said he liked reading the Bible, but turned down my offer to look at the Book of Mormon. He then said that they were Jehovah's Witnesses. He was very friendly, polite, and outgoing. He then wanted to share a Bible scripture, so I handed him the Spanish Bible and he read a couple verses from John 21 if I remember correctly.

We had a nice conversation. I asked if there were Jehovah's Witnesses congregations in town for Spanish-speakers and he said there were five. And we talked a bit about where he and his wife were from, how long they had been here, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home