Saturday, November 26, 2005

Moment #494. Vietnamese at laundromat. Sat, Nov 26, 2005.

11/26/2005. I met a family from Southeast Asia at the laundromat. The husband was from Cambodia, and spoke Cambodian, Vietnamese and English. I brought in Cambodian and English copies of the Book of Mormon for him. Then I found out his wife was from Vietnam and wanted one in Vietnamese, so I brought in Vietnamese and English copies for her. The husband gave me the Cambodian one back, so I assume he only spoke Cambodian and didn't read it.

The wife saw my business card in one of the books, and asked me a computer question about getting viruses off her computer. I'm not too good at that, so I recommended a computer store that's not too far away that is owned and operated by a Vietnamese fmaily. They have been in business for something like 18 years, and are really good. I borrowed a phone book from the laundromat attendant, and looked up their number for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home