Saturday, November 19, 2005

Moment #488. Arabic/French. Sat, Nov 19, 2005.

11/19/2005. Tonight was laundry night at the laundromat, the one that's farther down the street than the all night one. I saw two Arabic-looking men doing laundry. One of them ended up using the same folding table I was using. I struck up a conversation. They were from Morocco, and spoke Arabic, French, and English. I spoke a little French with the one next to me. I said, in French, that I had books in French and Arabic from my church, that they were free, and asked if he'd like to see them. He said sure. I asked if he was Muslim, and he said yes. Then in English, I said the books were Christian, and asked if that was okay, and he said it was okay.

I brought back two French, two Arabic, and two English copies of the Book of Mormon from my car. The other guy had come over to where the guy I was talking to was. The guy I was talking to gratefully accepted one in each language, and the second guy accepted French and English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home