Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Moment #485. Malinke(Mandinka), Wed, Nov 16, 2005.

11/16/2005. After Institute I met a recent convert from Africa. He was the man for whom I gave a French Book of Mormon to the Zionsville sister missionaries on August 20th. The sisters had found him, he was not one of my contacts.

I asked what languages his parents spoke, and other than French, he said his mother spoke Malinke. That's another name for the Mandinka language, for which the church has a Joseph Smith Testimony pamphlet and a Gospel Principles. I had the Mandinka JS Testimony pamphlet in the car, so I gave him one of those and an English version to give her. He was very pleased.

2 Comments:

At 1/26/2008 10:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malinke and Mandinka are not the same, but they are similar languages. They belong to the same language family. The Mandinka and the Malinke are different groups belonging to the same ethnic family.

 
At 1/26/2008 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Bookslinger said...

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home