Thursday, November 17, 2005

Moment #487. Thai, Thurs, Nov 17, 2005.

11/17/2005. I went to a Thai restaurant today for a late lunch. Got there around 2:30 so as to avoid the lunch crowd, and I was the only customer there.

The waitress was a Caucasian lady. I wasn't sitting where I could see into the kitchen, so I don't know if the cook was Thai or not. When taking my order, the waitress asked how spicey I wanted it on a scale of 1 through 10. I asked for a level four. I put out a Thai Book of Mormon on the table, and the waitress saw it when she brought out my food, but she didn't say anything. The food was pretty hot, and I had to drink some soda after almost every bite. (Note to self: try 2 next time.) Other than giving my taste buds a work out, the food was very good.

It wasn't until she brought the check that I asked "Do you know if anyone here likes to read Thai?" She said that all the other employees spoke it, but they didn't get there until later.

I explained that I had a free book in Thai from my church that I was willing to give to anyone who wanted it. She suggested I could leave it, and she would see that they got it. When I handed it to her, she flipped through it, and asked if my church had Thai members. I said no. I should have said "not locally, that I know of." I then said that it was the Book of Mormon, and the church had it in 103 languages. She seemed positive about it, and didn't give any indication that she thought my offer to be odd.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home