Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Journal entry, 2nd Joy ttW DVD at P.O. Wed, Nov 23, 2005.

11/23/2005. Another distribution center order arrived at my P.O. Box. The clerk who waited on me today was the one who asked the other clerk about the DVD that I had given her yesterday. There were three boxes in today's shipment, two of which were heavy. I thanked her for lugging the heavy boxes to the front counter, and to show my appreciation offered her "that Christmas DVD with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on it." She said "that would be nice", so I brought one in after taking the boxes to my car. She was already attending other people, so I got in line. But when she saw me, she extended her hand to receive the DVD, so I got out of line and gave it to her. She seemed genuinely happy to receive it.

I wasn't going to add this part, but I can't get it out of my mind. I was driving to my next errand, thinking of the things I had to do. A couple blocks away from the Post Office, a spiritual feeling of comfort and elation came over me. I call those moments "spiritual doggie-treats." At first I wondered why I was feeling that way, then I connected it to giving out the DVD. I'm not sure what it means, but I'm guessing that that small gift is going to lead to something in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home