Monday, November 28, 2005

Moment #496. French Liahona + DVD at P.O. Mon, Nov 28, 2006.

11/28/2005. I retrieved my mail from my Post Office box and read some of it at a counter in the outer lobby. Next to me at the counter was a lady preparing an item for mailing and speaking French on her cell phone. I went out to my car, obtained a French Liahona, and a copy of the multi-lingual Joy To the World DVD, and took them back in. For some reason I was not inspired to offer a French Book of Mormon.

When I got back in, she was off of her cell phone, so I struck up a conversation. She was from Haiti, and spoke English, French, and Haitian Creole. She very gratefully accepted my offer of the French Liahona and the DVD. She expressed her appreciation several times. I offered her a Book of Mormon in Haitian Creole, but if I understood her correctly, she indicated she only spoke Haitian Creole, and did not read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home