Monday, November 28, 2005

Moment #497. Fijian/Hindi at Singles FHE. Mon, Nov 28, 2005.

11/28/2005. There was a newcomer to our Singles Family Home Evening group. I hadn't been there for a few weeks, so it might not have been her first time, but it was the first time I met her.

We had a nice pot-luck dinner, and a good lesson. After the lesson as we were mingling I asked the sister where she was from. She said Fiji. I asked if she spoke Fijian and she said yes. She didn't have a Fijian Book of Mormon so I offered her one. I thought I had one in the car. She said she also spoke Hindi, and agreed to receive a Hindi Book of Mormon.

I went out to my car and found out I didn't have a Fijian copy there, but I did bring in a Hindi copy. When I presented it to her she said she didn't know the church had it in Hindi.

I'll try to remember to take the Fijian one next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home