Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Moment #456. Already had book. Wed, Nov 2, 2005.

11/02/2005. After leaving the sister missionaries, I headed towards my Carmel appointment, but was on the lookout for a place to have lunch along 86th Street.

I decided to stop at an Indian buffet restaurant. I took the Chinese Books of Mormon out of my carrying case, and put in Books of Mormon in the 5 Indian languages, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, and Sinhala (Sinhalese).

When I got in, I noticed the waiter/cashier was one of the guys who used to work at an Indian buffet on the west side of town not far from where I live. I had previously given him a Book of Mormon, but I forget what language, either Hindi or Tamil.

After getting some food from the buffet table, I asked him if he used to work at the other restaurant. He said yes, but that he didn't recognize me. I said I was the guy who gave him the blue book, and then he said he remembered me.

I didn't see any other employees except for a girl who brought out some plates and stacked them next to the buffet table.

After paying, I chatted with the cashier a bit, and found out this restaurant has the same owner as the other, and the owner just moved some employees around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home