Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Moment #454. Korean Liahona. Tues, Nov 1, 2005.

11/01/2005. I went to another Korean-owned store in the same shopping center, a 99-cent store. It's an independent version of Dollar General or Family Dollar. It's kind of like a general store or variety store. They have a food section, cookware, clothing, health-and-beauty-aids. They have interesting and usefull items that the big chain stores don't carry, and I like the family-run, little-bit-of-everything atmosphere.

I found what I was originally looking for, and as usual, wasted more time browsing, but did buy some usefull things that I had on my mind.

I was still carrying the Korean Liahona with me while shopping, and after paying offered it to the cashier, this time saying "free" before "church."

He was very gracious about it. But perhaps he accepted it only as a matter of politeness, because he then gave it to one of the other employees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home