Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #446. Chinese. Wed, Oct 19, 2005.

10/19/2005. I had lunch today at a sit-down Chinese restaurant on West 38th Street. I had been there before, and placed books with someone, but this cashier was new.

The food there is pretty good, and identical to most other Chinese small restaurants in strip malls.

When the cashier brought out my order, he noticed the Chinese Books of Mormon on my table, so I offered them. He didn't speak English very well. His vocabulary seemed limited to restaurant-related items. But he got the jist of my offer.

He said he didn't read English, but I said he could read them together to help to learn English. I don't know if he understood or not, but he accepted the English one too.

I showed him the other copies I had with me and offered them for the others in the kitchen. The next time he was out to bring out my egg roll, he indicated the others were not interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home