Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #439. Tagalog. Wed, Oct 12, 2005.

10/12/2005. I stopped by an Asian/Vietnamese/Filipino grocery store on the East side of town today while doing errands. I made some purchases, including some instant noodles for the missionaries.

The engaged the cashier/owner in a conversation. I thought I had offered the owners some Vietnamese Books of Mormon on a previous occasion, but I wasn't sure. I asked her, and she said that she had bought the store within the past few months. She is from the Philippines, and speaks Tagalog.

I offered to show her a Tagalog Bible and Book of Mormon and she enthusiastically said okay. I retrieved a Tagalog New Testament, a Tagalog Book of Mormon, and an English Book of Mormon from the car. She eagerly accepted them and asked how much she owed. I said they were free. We chit-chatted a while, and then I remembered that one of the Church's multi-lingual DVDs had a Tagalog sound track. So I went back to the car, checked the DVDs and brought back in a "Together Forever" DVD. She was even more excited about that.

We chit-chatted some more before I left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home