Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #435. Arabic. Wed, Oct 5,2005.

10/05/2005. As I pulled into a parking spot in front of the post office, a man was walking towards his taxi. The taxi company is one that employs many Africans. We made eye contact, and I asked him if he was Nigerian. He said no, he was from Sudan, and he spoke Arabic. I offered him a free book in Arabic from the church, and he said he was Muslim. I said the book was Christian, but he might want to see it, just to have something in Arabic. He thought that was okay, and I said I'd get it out of my car. He came over to my car, and I handed him an Arabic Book of Mormon from my trunk. I asked if he would like the English translation to go along with it, and he indicated he'd like it too. We shook hands, and exchanged names. As he was going back to his car, I remembered I knew a few words of Arabic, and said "shukran" (thank-you) and he said "afwan", (you're welcome.)

A lot of times, people come over to my car, but I never ask them to come over to the car. Usually, I say "please wait here" so they don't have to go out of their way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home