Friday, September 23, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #428. Amharic BoM. Tigrinya Bible. Fri, Sep 23, 2005.

09/23/2005. At the Post Office. An young adult daughter was translating for her mother at the counter when I picked up a package. I took my package back to my car, and made a guess, and brought some books back with me. When I got back, the mother was in their car, but the daughter was still on the sidewalk. From a respectful distance, I struck up a conversation with the daughter. I guessed wrongly about their language, but the daughter was agreeable to see what books I had. They were from Eritrea and spoke Tigrinya, Amharic and English.

I retrieved a Tigrinya Bible, an Amharic New Testament, an Amharic Book of Mormon and an English Book of Mormon from my car. I took them back to their car, and was going to give them to the daughter, but the mother rolled down her window in expectation, so I gave them to her. They were very pleased to receive them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home