Friday, September 23, 2005

Moment #429. Declined. Fri, Sep 23, 2005.

09/23/2005. On my way back to my car, there was a family sitting in their van with the passenger door open, and one lady sitting there with a beautiful white African-style dress. The driver and front passenger seat were empty so someone was still inside.

The approach was a little awkward, because she was in her own "space" in the vehicle, and not out in the open. From a respectful distance I said her dress was beautiful, and asked if she was from Africa. She said yes. I said my church had books in African languages, and asked if she'd like to see some. She said "no." So I said "ok, thank-you" and took my leave.

Looking back, I should have waited in my car and tried to see if I could have talked to the driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home