Thursday, September 29, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #431. Chinese. Thur, Sep 29, 2005

09/29/2005. I went to a Chinese buffet in Plainfield for lunch today. I put the two kinds of Chinese Books of Mormon on my table, but the one Asian employee who walked by didn't notice. I was reading the Spanish Liahona, and asked one of the bus boys for help translating a word, and he was friendly and helpful. I probably should have offered him the magazine.

After eating, on my way out, I stopped at the front counter to talk to the girl who I thought was the daughter of the owner. She spoke Chinese but hadn't been taught to read it. I gave the two Chinese editions to the father, and he looked through the Simplified Chinese version. They were from China. He was interested, and the daughter did a little translating. He said he couldn't read the English, but I was a little bold and opened them to 1 Nephi 1:1, and read a bit to illustrate they were the same book. The daughter caught on, and explained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home