Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Book of Mormon Moment #448. Tagalog. Wed, Oct 19, 2005.

10/19/2005. I stopped at a nearby Fed-Ex Kinko's copy center to check something at a public internet terminal. Upon leaving, there was a man in the parking lot getting out of his car, and he seemed to be African, but I did not make an approach. There was only a split second as he was about to go inside and I was headed in the opposite direction.

Anyway, I stopped at a gas station on the way home for some soda. I guess I didn't get enough caffeine at lunch.

I stopped and there were two clerks. One looked Asian, and I thought he could be Thai. But there was a lot of people so I got into the other line.

After I checked out and paid, there was a lot less people, so I got back in the line for the Asian guy, and when it was my turn with him (there were no other people behind me, so I didn't delay anyone) I asked if he was Thai. Oops, wrong. He was Filipino, and spoke Tagalog. I offered a free Book of Mormon, from my church, in Tagalog. He was pleasantly surprised and eagerly said yes. So I retrieved a Tagalog and English copy from the car, and presented them to him. Again, no one else was in his line, so I didn't disrupt things. He was very happy to receive them, and I suggested he could call me or the other numbers in the books if he wanted more information.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home